For purposes of this Policy, “we”, “our” or “us” shall refer to any of our associates and affiliates and “you” shall refer to yourself and such other persons or companies represented by you of which you are providing the personal data. Furthermore, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- This Policy supplements our Terms and Conditions of Use at Terms & Conditions and explains how we handle the information collected and received when you visit our website at The Chamber Website and all the related sub-sites ("Website") and mobile applications which we may own or operate from time to time (collectively, “Platform”). It also governs the collection, use and disclosure of your information.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect information from you in the following situations:
- when you visit or browse our Platform;
- when you register an account with us (“Account”);
- when you check out as a guest or as a user with an Account on our Platform during the purchase of any products on our Platform;
- when you use features and functions relating to our services; for example, when you view and/or purchase any products on our Platform (“Services”);
- when you interact with us on our social media, which includes but is not limited to our Instagram page and Facebook page;
- when you participate in any of our promotions or any request for additional personal data such as customer surveys;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- when our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your personal data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies;
- when you voluntarily submit your personal data to us for any reason;
- if you contact us, for example, with a query or to report a problem;
- when you interact with us online, offline or through an external third party.
- The personal data that we may collect may include but is not limited to the following:
- personal information such as, name, email address, mobile number and shipping address;
- any information required for billing such as bank account number, credit or debit card numbers and billing address;
- data when you visit or use our Platform (for example the pages you access and the used Services); and
- any other information disclosed by you pursuant to the above-mentioned methods and/or usage.
- Personal data includes any information which relates directly or indirectly to you, which can be used to identify or contact you.
- By submitting your information to us including but not limited to the information stated above, you hereby give your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- By providing us with any information relating to a third party (if any), you represent to us that you have validly obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their information.
- When you visit the Platform through your computer, mobile device, or any other device with internet connectivity, our servers will automatically record data that your browser sends; for example your IP address and information about your visit (such as time stamp, date and duration etc).
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
Any information we collect from you may be used in, but is not limited to, any of the following ways:
- register and maintain your Account with us and to verify your identity;
- process your order for our products and process or collect any payments;
- deliver or perform any of our Services, including for purposes of couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- share information with our affiliates and with third party service providers (including those outside Malaysia) for the purposes of assisting us in performing certain aspects of our Services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, payment or courier services, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks (as and if applicable);
- process your returns or refunds in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- provide you with supporting services and functions related to your Account, such as saved items in cart;
- communicate with you in relation to (i) your queries, requests, complaints and feedback, (ii) material changes to our Terms and Conditions of Use, policies or other terms and conditions, and (iii) matters relating to the operation of your Account;
- monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Use, including dispute resolution;
- process or resolve any dispute arising from or in connection with any transactions, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls; (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law;
- to carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our Platform and Services are being used and how we can improve them;
- to provide you with information about services available to you through us and third parties connected with us either as directed communications or newsletters;
- send you electronic marketing communications in relation to the Platform or sales, products, services, and promotions related to us. In such jurisdictions where your express consent is required to receive commercial and marketing communications, we will only send you such commercial and marketing information if you have opted-in to receive such communications from us;
- deliver ads which are related to our products and services which may be of interest to you on the Platform or other websites, apps or online platforms;
- to send periodical emails on information and updates on the Platform or Service information;
- to personalise your experience on our Platform and customise the content shown to you;
- to improve our Platform and Services provided to you;
- to identify visitors on the Platform;
- to conduct marketing research activities.
- Where indicated, it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal data, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those outside Malaysia) for the purposes stated in Section 4 above:
- affiliates and third party service providers who assist us in performing certain aspects of our Services on our behalf, which includes payment processors and logistics providers. Such service providers will only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their functions;
- any person, such as our employees, consultants or temporary workers who is under a duty of confidentiality, who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such information confidential;
- (i) governmental and other regulatory authorities or the courts in any jurisdiction; (ii) any third party claimants or potential third party claimants; or (iii) your card issuing bank, financial institution and/or payment service provider, to process or resolve any chargeback, payment reversal and/or dispute arising from or in connection with a transaction using our Services in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use; and
- any other party whom you have authorised us to disclose your personal data to.
- We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or crime or to protect our Platform and Services or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Transfer of Personal Data outside of Malaysia
We may transfer, store and/or process your personal data outside Malaysia. In doing so, we will comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Request to Withdraw Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing or promotional information, you may do so by unsubscribing to such content by following the relevant steps provided in such sales, marketing or promotional materials or if the relevant steps are not specified in such materials, contact us by sending an email to The Chamber Customer Service, Customer Service Executive.
Safety of Personal Data
- You acknowledge that unless you request in writing or otherwise, we, in our sole discretion, have the right but not the obligation to store any personal data perpetually, to the extent permitted by law. If you wish for any information about you to be removed from our database, please contact us by sending an email to The Chamber Customer Service, Customer Service Executive.
- The processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with all applicable laws. In processing your personal data, we shall take practical and reasonable steps to protect the personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Nevertheless, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect such personal data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk.
- We do not sell, rent or lease the personal data and/or information collected to third parties.
- Cookies are small data files sent from a website to your browser that is stored on your device. Cookies are used to display the most appropriate content based on your interests and activity on our Platform and Services, estimate and report our Platform’s and Services’ total audience size and traffic, and conduct research to improve our Platform and Services.
- You can configure your device's settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of our Platform and Services.
Third Party Websites and Resources
Our Platform may contain links to external websites or resources which are operated by third parties. We have no control over the content and privacy practices of such websites or resources. You are advised to review the privacy policies of these websites and resources operated by third parties and understand how your information may be used by those third parties.
Access and Update of Your Personal Data
- If you would like to access, update, correct or delete any of your Account information, you may do so by logging in to your Account on the Platform and editing such information.
- For such personal data that cannot be corrected by you logging in to your Account on the Platform, you may request to access, update, correct or delete such personal data by sending an email to The Chamber Customer Service, Customer Service Executive and provide your name, Account information, contact information and provide brief details of your request.
- We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access, update or correct your personal data within 21 days of receiving your request and such request may be subject to a fee pursuant to Personal Data Protection (Fees) Regulations 2013 (P.U.(A) 338/2013) and will be bound by data protection laws in Malaysia.
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your personal data, we have the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your personal data for the reasons permitted under the law, for example where the expenses of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy in respect of the personal data.
For any questions relating to your personal data or about this Policy, if you have a complaint regarding the collection, use or handling of your personal data by us, you may contact us by sending an email to The Chamber Customer Service, Customer Service Executive.
Changes to this Policy
We may review and change this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law, our organisation practices, processes or structure. While it is not generally feasible to notify you of the changes to this Policy, the latest version of this Policy will be available on our Website. This Policy is not a contract, nor does it suggest any obligation on our part with another party.
In the event of any conflict between this English language Policy and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Policy, the terms in this English language Policy shall prevail.